Everybody likes some good chicken skewers, right? Here's a receipe to grill some juicy chicken skewers with your SKOTTI Grill. Of course, we recommend using our SKOTTI Pikes!
For 2 persons, you need the following ingredients:
- 14 oz chicken breast
- 1 ripe mango
- 2 shallots
- 7 oz lentils (if possible half red one and half black ones)
- Olive oil
- A splash of white wine
- Chicken broth
- Curry powder
- 3-4 tbsp crème fraîche
- Salt and pepper
- Garam Masala (or alternatively, a pinch of the following spices: ginger, coriander, cinnamon, bay leaf, clove, cumin, nutmeg, cardamom)
1. Cut the chicken breast and peeled mango into approximately 2 cm cubes each and alternately thread the pieces onto skewers.
2.Prepare the lentil mixture in a pan before grilling. Finely chop the shallots and sauté them in a pot. Add the lentils and sauté them as well. Deglaze with white wine and fill up with chicken broth until everything is covered. Add Garam Masala or the individual spices. Cook the lentils, stirring constantly, until they are still slightly al dente, adding more chicken broth if needed.
3. Now, season the chicken skewers with salt and pepper and grill them on direct heat for at least 4 minutes on each side.
4. Finally, dust the lentils with some curry powder and fold in the crème fraîche.
5. Arrange the skewers on top of the curry lentils and enjoy!
In addition to the lentils, salad or rice also make great accompaniments to these delicious skewers! Alternatively, for the next time, you can try marinating the chicken skewers – a true delight for your taste buds!